Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Unable to create storage pools

error

Failed to create zpool with ID 'qs-e09a6951-3729-bae6-ef9e-f4e92a124541' []. [err=485]

OSNeus SDS community edition installed on hp microserver nl36 hardware.:
Version: 5.4.1.138
OS/Boot disk is seperate from the above disks.
4X Western Digital SATA Disks installed.

i have already formatted the 4x disks, but still no avail.

weather i select single disk or all 4, or raid1 or 10, still same errors.

please assist .

please assist.

September 7, 2019 | Registered Commentermr rosh

Hi Mr Rosh,
Please send logs when you get a chance so we can have a closer look. In the web interface you can select the system then right-click on it and choose 'Send Log Report..'. Most likely the drives need to be zeroed out with dd or some other tool to clear out some low level software raid information on them.
Best,
Steve

September 8, 2019 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hi Steve,

i have just performed the send log request.

System Information
x

September 9, 2019 | Registered Commentermr rosh

Hi Mr Rosh,
I just had a quick look at the logs and it looks like the drives have a previous RAID signature on them so QuantaStor is detecting them as "in use and contains a ddf_raid_member filesystem". There's a good article here on a proceedure for scrubbing the drives which should sort the issue:
https://www.systutorials.com/136711/how-to-clean-raid-signatures-on-linux/
We're looking at improving the format operation in QuantaStor to be able to clear RAID information like this. Thanks for the feedback and let me know if that works out,
Best,
Steve

September 10, 2019 | Registered CommenterSteve

thanks Steve, a option to perform a format operation, where it clears all previous raid info etc, would be highly appreciated.

September 10, 2019 | Registered Commentermr rosh