Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Folders aren't accessible on all Gluster nodes

Hi all,

on my 3-node Gluster environment I've got a strange issue: On the primary node all users can see their folders for which they are allowed to read and write. But on the other two nodes the users can login but the folders aren't visible. As administrative user all the folders are visible on all nodes and the data is replicated between the nodes correctly.

It looks like the access permissions aren't replicated. I'm working with local users on the QuantaStor system and set the permissions with a Windows 10 client. As far as I can see the permissions seem to be equal an all nodes. But it's difficult to check this because the acoounts won't be resolved to their names. Instead of the names Windows shows "Unknown account" followed by the SIDs.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this issue? When the virtual Gluster network interface is moving from the primary to another node the users don't have access to their files anymore.

Thank You

Stefan

October 18, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hi Stefan,
This is because the SID is not getting replicated properly. QuantaStor creates a user account on each appliance with a common UID/GID but it is not yet replicating SIDs.
We'll get a ticket number opened on this and will keep you posted.
Thanks for the feedback,
Best,
Steve

October 21, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve