Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Virtual Gluster Network Interface isn't visible in the Gluster Volumes

Hi all,

I've running a scale-out file server with Gluster and I configured a virtual Gluster network interface (gv...) which is functional. But it isn't visible in the Gluster Volumes ressources (Scale-out File Storage | Gluster Volumes) any more. And so, it isn't possible to move the virtual interface to another QuantaStor node manually.

The virtual Gluster network interface (gv...) is visible in the Storage Management tab. My 3 QuantaStor nodes are running with release 4.6.2.017.

What can I do?

Thank You.

August 22, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hi all,

what can I do to solve this issue?

Kind Regards.

September 1, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Thanks Stefan,
If you have the VIF as a port (eg eth0:gvNNN) but the object doesn't exist, you should try re-creating the object (adding the VIF again). We'll try to reproduce this as a test case for QS 4.7 and will make sure that if the port exists but the object is missing from the Gluster Volume object that it will automatically fix that condition.
Best,
Steve

September 1, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hi Steve,

this doesn't work. When trying to re-create the VIF I get the following error: "Parent port 'eth0' not found on all systems in the site cluster 'Cluster'. Port cannot be used for HA virtual interfaces. [err=503]". But the eth0 interface is available on all grid nodes. I can't delete the VIF because it's not listed in the Scale-out File Storage tab.

Looking at the Cluster Resource Management tab the cluster state is at Warning regarding corosync for 2 nodes. The re-added node is OK but not the other ones. I can't see, what's wrong with corosync. And the re-added node isn't shown with its node name. It's only listed with its cluster node ID number.

Kind Regards

Stefan

September 4, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Interesting, thanks for the detail on the error message Stefan. I've created internal engineering ticket QSTOR-5066 to look into the matter further. Will post back once we have more information on the fix.
Best,
Steve

September 4, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hi Steve,

now the VIF of Guster is completely unavailable! And I'm still not able to create a VIF for Gluster.

Kind Regards

Stefan

September 8, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hello Steve,

after the upgrade to 4.6.3 it's now possible again to manually move the gv... and the sv… interfaces between the nodes. The gv... interface is back to the scale-out file storage tab in the QuantaStor Web Manager. I didn't recreate the QuantaStor grid. It looks like the grid repaired itsself by the upgrade of the QuantaStor nodes.

In the cluster resource management tab corosync shows healthy state for all nodes. But there's now an orphanned fourth node. It's also at healthy state because it's the old ID of the one node I had to re-add to the grid on August. The entry is shown with its ID instead of the hostname of the node. How can I delete this orphanned item?

Thank you

Stefan

October 18, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

The fix for this is to delete the Site Cluster in the Cluster Resource Management tab and then recreate it. We're working on getting it so that we can add/remove members dynamically but that's currently not supported so the recreate technique must be used.
Best,
Steve

October 21, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve