Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > QuantaStor 4.6.0.0.77: Modification of share permissions isn't possible

Hello all,

after upgrading to QuantaStor 4.6.0.0.77 I'm not able to modify network share permissions any more. Neither with Internet Explorer nor with Firefox I can open the configuration dialogue window. All other options in the context menu are working, i. e. disabling and enabling of the share.

I upgraded via command line as explained in the change log.

Is this a bug of the new version?

Kind Regards

May 24, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Greetings,

Can you give additional detail on your current environment and what you are trying to modify.

Are you using a ZFS share or a Gluster share? Are you modifying a subshare?

Thank You

May 24, 2018 | Registered CommenterRobert Staffeld

Hi Robert,

I want to modify the Gluster SMB network share. It's based on XFS. When modifying subshares you get an error. This is a known bug and will be solved by OSNexus. I hoped that it's solved with 4.6.0.077...

Best Regards

May 24, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hi Robert,

any ideas?

Kind Regards

May 28, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hello Stefan,

Our Engineering team has identified the issue and has included the fix in our 4.6.1 release that will be available early next week.

-Robert

May 30, 2018 | Registered CommenterRobert Staffeld

Hi Robert,

actually there's no new release available. When will it be published?

Kind Regards

June 6, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hi Robert,

even with the newest release 4.6.1.008-1 which came out today it isn't possible to change the SMB share settings. Please fix this issue immediately.

Thank You

June 8, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hi Stefan,
Just confirming, my understanding is that you've met with support and they've collected some information to go into an engineering ticket.
Best,
Steve

June 19, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hi Steve,

yes, there was a remote session and the issue will be investigated by the technical support.

It looks like there's a problem with the presentation of the virtual disks.

Kind Regards

June 19, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Hello all,

the issue with the presentation of the virtual disks ist solved by a configuration change in the VMX file. This setting seems to be deleted by the virtual hardware upgrade of the virtual Machines after upgrading the ESXi host to 6.7.

The issue with the unaccessible configuration window isn't solved yet. There will be a fix of this issue in the next few weeks.

Kind Regards

July 2, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner