Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > How to restart manger Service

I setup 3 nodes with gluster files system for testing. when I change the H/A virtual network interface from grid 1 to other 。 The web manager service on the grid 1 stop.

and I can not use default IP login ,the web page does not respond 。

Does any command to restart the web mgr service ? or I restart the grid system only。

April 2, 2018 | Registered CommenterMelvin Ji

How do you access the management? Do you use the IP address or are you using a DNS name? In my case the access with the DNS name of the virtual interface doesn't work correctly. I have to use the IP address only. And the connection has to be restarted when moving the H/A virtual network interface for the management.

Try to access the management via one of the nodes by IP address. Is it accessible then? Then you can check if the virtual interface has switched over and where it is online or not. And you can see if there are alerts regarding the failover of the interface.

You can restart the service by connecting to the console of the nodes and typing 'sudo service quantastor restart'. But I don't think that you will need it for this issue.

April 3, 2018 | Registered CommenterStefan Mössner

Melvin,
There are a few different types of HA VIFs that can be created. One is for Gluster Volumes and they have a ":gv" in the port name. There are also Site VIFs which are general purpose VIFs you can setup to float between a set of appliances. There is also the grid VIF which is used to elect a master node for the storage grid. You mentioned that you moved a HA virtual network interface, what type of VIF was that?

Restarting the web management interface or core management service can be done as root via the console or SSH using the commands:

service quantastor restart
service tomcat restart

But I think that you have some sort of networking configuration issue rather than it being a problem with one of the services. If you send logs using the 'qs-sendlogs' command that would help.

April 3, 2018 | Registered CommenterSteve

Steve

The type of my VIF seting was Gluster Volumes ":gv" , Because my lab was setup in Xenserver enviroement。 The problem may be related to the virtual network card.

Today, I retry the function again. and It not happen again.

April 12, 2018 | Registered CommenterMelvin Ji