Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > IP Hosts

under the hosts section, we can only add hosts with an initiator type: of either;
iscsi qn
FC initiator

However, it would be nice to have an IP option as well.

This will mean, i can add hosts, VMware ESXi Hosts NFS vmkernel ip addresses, and also be able to create Hosts Group.

Then in NFS Shares, Client Access the option should be available to allow permissions, to Hosts and Host Groups[IP Based Only]

Right now the only options available are,
Public, [unsecure]
local ip addresses
network
host/domain

the above is cumbersome to manage,

September 8, 2017 | Registered Commentermr rosh

Hi Mr. Rosh,
Interesting. I think I see what you're getting at. If you can assign permissions to Hosts and Hosts Groups it can be easier to update your NFS access rules without having to change the rules for each and every share. I like the idea and we'll look into that for a future release. I had thought about fully replacing the NFS Client Access rules with just Host/Host Group entries but that doesn't work since one could have different NFS settings per share. At any rate, great idea, we'll have some more discussion about that internally and look to add it into the roadmap for v4.5 or v4.6.
Best,
-Steve

September 23, 2017 | Registered CommenterSteve