Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Dell Perc 6/I and recent release (4.2.4) of QuantaStore¬†support

Great piece of software. Very nicely done. Compliments to the developers. In testing it I noticed while trying to install the current version over the weekend (V4.2.4 I believe), I was not able to install it on a Dell R710 with a Perc 6/i controller. I've looked over the install and administrator documents and this community forum for for a possible solution. I even tried selecting the MegaRaid controllers from the install list with no luck. I did get it to install after replacing the Perc 6/i with an H700 as noted in the Hardware Compatibility List. Is the Perc 6/i just not supported? Some old notes in the forum lead me to believe that it was at one one. All firmware are up-to-date on the system using the April 2017 update disk. Long term I will just be using the H700 on the system I will be playing with QuantaStore but I have a test system I would like to work with another version on it and it has Perc 6/i. Before I upgrade it to an H700, I thought I would check to see if the 6/I is supported and I was doing something wrong or missing as added step to add the driver. Thanks for any comments.

May 9, 2017 | Registered CommenterLarry Boufford

Yes, we never did certify & integrate with the PERC 6i but we did test and integrate the H7xx and H8xx series. The H7xx/H8xx were fully compatible/interchangeable with the full featured LSI MegaRAID series cards but I think that the chip on the PERC 6i was different somehow. Unfortunately we don't have an older R610/R710 in the lab otherwise I'd have one of the engineers take a look. You did the right thing by swapping it out for an H700.

Thanks for the nice product feedback Larry. We've got the next release coming out in a couple weeks and it will be adding a bunch of improvements to our remote-replication support.

Best,
-Steve

May 9, 2017 | Registered CommenterSteve