Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > HA FC Storage possible?

Hi all,

I'm actually planing a new SAN for our vm-enviroment.
My plan is to get a HA FC storage. Quantastore looks interesting for this job.
I already take a look in the dokumentation, but I'm a bit confused about all the possibilities.

I would use two HP ML350 G6 with two HP D2700 diskshelves connected via Smart Array P411 to each host. About 10 TB in multiple raids should be used.
In each host are two QLogic FC HBAs. The host themselves are connected via 10GB Ethernet.

The plan is to get a system where fc multipathing is possible and in case, as example of maintenance, it is possible to shut down one quantastore node without break the fc connection to the vm-hosts.

Question a: Is this mappable?

Question b: In my opinion only the Enterprise Gold license is nessesary. Is this right?

Thanks for your answers & greetings

June 2, 2016 | Registered CommenterMarco B├╝ttner

Hello Marco,

Our HA Shared Storage Pool Configuration requires LSI SAS HBA's and SAS disks when using shared SAS JBOD's, Unfortunately the Smart Array P411 is a RAID controller and would not be viable for use. Below is a link for more detail in our documentation on how to deploy the Shared SAS Storage Pool HA feature:
http://wiki.osnexus.com/index.php?title=Clustered_HA_SAN/NAS_with_JBOD_back-end

Yes, the HA and Fibre Channel HA features requires our Enterprise License. We recently began offering the 8x5 PDT Silver support with Enterprise keys as well, however we continue to recommend the Gold or Platinum Levels for any production environment that requires 24x7 support.

Note, the community forums are normally used for Community Edition License concerns. If you have questions related to pre-sales of a QuantaStor Enterprise edition License, please feel free to contact our Sales Engineering team for solution design assistance at sdr@osnexus.com

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

June 3, 2016 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Hi Marco,
I just wanted to add that we have FC ALUA support on Linux and AIX but are working on some changes to certify it for VMware ESX use. Those will be ready in our v4.1 release early next month.
-Steve

October 7, 2016 | Registered CommenterSteve