Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > QuanaStor Minimal Replication Timer Interval

The Quanastor Admin documentation makes reference to 15 minutes for the replication timer interval..

...Remote Replication is done asynchronously meaning that changes to volumes and network shares on one appliance is done up to every hour with calendar-based scheduling or as often as every 15 minutes with timer-based scheduling...

My question is can we reduce this 15 minutes down to 10 minutes if I want?

June 12, 2015 | Registered CommenterPhil Proctor

Hello Phil,

Regarding your question for the DR replication intervals, that is correct, our Replication Schedules in the WebUI currently only allow a minimum replication interval of 15 minutes.

We limit the replication schedules to 15 Minutes based on performance testing we have run for random I/O workloads for Enterprise-grade Hardware configurations in RAID10.

However, we do offer via the CLI the option to specify a custom interval value, including those below 15 minutes. But we caution users that this option should only be used when they have the option to perform extensive testing on their Hardware configuration with their workload and replication interval to ensure they do not see any unexpected performance behavior which may reduce the hardware configurations ability to sustain any I/OPs or throughput requirements that they may have.

The CLI command and flag is detailed below, where interval is a numerical value representing minutes.

qs replication-schedule-modify {SCHEDULENAME} --interval=10

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

June 12, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden