Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > SMTP

It is possible to use an office 365 account in alert manager? smtp.office365.com Can you change the TLS port to 587 ?

Thanks

March 3, 2015 | Unregistered Commenteralbinotoad

Hello,

Yes, you could modify the script we use to send SMTP alerts to define a custom SMTP port.

You will want to edit lines 55 and 60 of the /opt/osnexus/quantastor/bin/qs_sendalert.py script to reflect the below changes:

smtpObj = smtplib.SMTP(timeout=10)

to be

smtpObj = smtplib.SMTP(port=587,timeout=10)

and

smtpObj = smtplib.SMTP_SSL(timeout=10)

to be

smtpObj = smtplib.SMTP_SSL(port=587,timeout=10)

You can then save and exit the file and then configure the other SMTP settings via the Alert Manager in the WebUI. If you need further assistance with the above steps, please let me know.

I have also opened an engineering ticket so that we can enhance the Alert Manager to more easily allow custom SMTP ports in a future release.

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

March 3, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden

Hello,

We have identified additional changes required to support sending e-mail through office365 email servers. The upcoming QuantaStor 3.15 release will include these changes.

Please keep an eye out on the OSNEXUS company blog here for when the v3.15 release of QuantaStor is made available: http://blog.osnexus.com/

Thank You,
Chris Golden
OSNEXUS Support

April 7, 2015 | Registered CommenterChris Golden