Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > Reinstalling the operating system

Hello.

The USB-stick on which I installed OS Nexus Quantastor has corrupted. Now I need to reinstall the system, but I have gigabytes of data on a storage pool (I created this storage pool with the web-interface). How to use this storage pool after the reinstallation?

Thank you very much.

October 6, 2013 | Registered CommenterVladimir Melnik

Hi Vladimir,
When you reinstall the storage pool will be automatically detected. After you login to the web management interface you'll see the pool, volumes, and shares and you can quickly recover all your meta-data (like Users, Hosts, Host Groups, Storage Volume Assignments, etc) and license key using the Recovery Manager.

With regard to using USB sticks as boot drives we too ran into this awhile back and found that the devices would switch to read-only mode after a week of operation. I think the root of the problem was/is the linux USB driver. There's a little note buried on our wiki pages about it here.

Best,
-Steve

October 6, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve

Thank you so much, Steve! So, I'll reinstall the operating system if it doesn't boot (I haven't try to reboot the server yet). It'll be nice if it won't "forget" all the data. :-) Lots of thanks!

P.S. The USB-stick have been working for 3-4 months, maybe it's a new Olympic Record! :-)

October 6, 2013 | Registered CommenterVladimir Melnik