Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > no luns?

adding a new QS box to replace my old QS box, ZFS file system, adding the QS to xenserver i get "the sr failed to complete the operation" it sees a IQN but not sa LUN

please give walk-through
thNK YOU.

October 3, 2013 | Registered Commenterjustin kohutiak

Hi Justin,
For a walk-thru there's a the 'System Checklist' button in the tool-bar at the top and the last three steps go over creating a volume, adding a host with IQN, and then assigning the volume to the host to provide the host with access to the volume. You may have skipped that last step, but the other thing to verify is that the 'iSCSI Enabled' flag is set on your network ports. You can go to the Storage System section to see the network ports and in there you can verify that iSCSI is enabled. (It is by default). If neither of those work, make sure that you have added a Host to QuantaStor for each of your XenServer machines and double check to make sure that the IQN is correct. After that make sure that the iSCSI volume is assigned to all the hosts by right-clicking on the Storage Volume and choosing 'Assign Storage..', then select all the hosts. That should take care of it, if not just write back here or email us at support@osnexus.com and we'll help you via GoToMeeting.
Best,
-Steve

October 3, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve

i did all the steps. it saysit has storage assigned to xs2.. it sees and IQN but no LUNs.

October 3, 2013 | Unregistered Commenterjustink