Please enable javascript, or click here to visit my ecommerce web site powered by Shopify.

Community Forum > ZFS integration bugs

1) Quantastor cannot import legacy zfs pools. I'm not sure whether it is bug actually. This might be due to your commercial policy.
2) RAIDZ show up as RAID0 in properties.
Overall the impression is good. You've implemented a zpool monitoring script. I've tested device removal and got alert instantly.
I believe you shall list "Alerts" in a feature list. The one can setup webmin to monitor BTRFS or MD-raid easily, but monitoring zpool requires advanced skills indeed.

July 19, 2013 | Registered CommenterRoman Shein

Hi Roman,
Thanks for the feedback. The second item regarding RAIDZ as RAID0 we fixed up with v3.6.1 but if you're still seeing it in v3.6.1 perhaps there's a corner case we missed. With regard to item 1, importing legacy ZFS pools that's not something we block at all. In fact it is something we'd like to encourage.
Were you able to import the zpool using the 'zpool import -a -f -d /dev/disk/by-path' command? If you can then great. There are a couple other things to be done like changing the name of the pool to the qs-GUID format and there are some custom properties that may also need to be set. Let us know what you find and we'll work on putting together some scripts to simplify the import process.
Thanks,
-Steve

July 19, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve

One other thought. We put logic into QuantaStor to ignore zpools that do not match the qs-GUID format so that you can still use ZFS filesystems for custom things within a QuantaStor system without QuantaStor taking over the pool. Once you rename the pool to the qs-UUID format (you can use uuidgen for now) you can then rename the pool once QuantaStor discovers it. The name of the pool is set as a custom property 'quantastor:name'. This makes name changes easier to manage and pool identification easier for our HA failover logic. (work in progress)
Best,
-Steve

July 19, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve

1) I've encountered "RAID0" issue on 3.6.1
2) I wasn't aware of qs-UUID. Thanx for the info.
3) Also I've noticed that degraded ZFS pool lost its "!" (yellow triangle) icon after reboot

July 19, 2013 | Registered CommenterRoman Shein

Sounds like there are some corner cases to be addressed. We'll dig into this and get these sorted in the next maintenance release due out in Aug.
Thanks Roman,
-Steve

July 20, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve

Hi Roman,
Just an update, the 3.6.2 release we did today fixes the RAIDZ detection issue.
Best,
-Steve

July 25, 2013 | Registered CommenterSteve